Would you like to learn to square dance?
Our clubs offer weekly square dance lessons. Typically, the lessons start in September and end in April each year. In that time, you will learn all the Basic and Mainstream moves, as defined by Callerlab, the international association of square dance callers.
Some clubs use a shorter program, starting in September or January. This program spends less time on moves that are not commonly used. Other clubs use a program where new dancers can start at any time.
Square Dance Lessons 2019
Lists the locations and start dates for each club in the fall of 2019.
North Shore Squares
– Videos of selected Square Dance Moves
– The video at the top of the page is one example
– Recommended for new dancers
Video Square Dance Lessons
– Several moves described in each video
– Hosted by Saddlebrook Squares club
– Animations of all Basic & Mainstream moves
– Useful for reviewing a particular move
Square Dance Animations
– Animations of selected Square Dance Moves
– A CD for all Basic & Mainstream moves is also available
List of Square Dance Moves
– One-page list of Basic & Mainstream square dance moves
– Useful checklist for all dancers
Basic & Mainstream Definitions
– Select “Abbreviated Definitions Basic/Mainstream”
– Detailed descriptions of the moves (PDF, 33 pages)